Terms & Conditions
We highly recommend that you carefully read, and understand, our Terms and Conditions. Kindly email email@example.com if you have any questions relating to these terms.
Deposits and Balance Payments
1. To book a particular offer, you would need to pay a deposit of £50, which is non-refundable. We accept most debit and credit cards or by Skrill (Money Bookers). Once you decided to start your course, you will need to pay the full amount at the time of booking. If a full or partial refund has to be made a fee of £20 will be made to cover each bank transaction charge.
2. The School of Teacher Training at Notting Hill College reserves the right to change any of the prices, courses, services or other particulars contained on the website at any time.
Online Course&Customer Satisfaction
3. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the course you have purchased you are entitled to a full refund within seven days from the date you made the purchase of the course ”Grace Period”. After 7 days you are not entitled to a refund if you wish to cancel. You cannot get a refund on online courses if you have already begun the course, even if you are still in your grace period.
4. The design of the courses offers a great deal of flexibility. You have up to eight weeks to finish your course. Extension can also be arranged free of charge for the first time (it grants you 4 extra weeks) after, you would pay £25 for every extra 4 weeks. After 12 months of inactivity, your course will be deleted and you will not be able to access your grades or course work. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to extend your course.
Failing the course
5. In most cases, students pass the course. However, if the assessor feels you have not assimilated the content of the course sufficiently then you may be asked to resubmit your tasks. The first resubmission will be free of charge. For every other resubmission, you will be charged £25.If you have dropped-out, please contact The Course Officer to state your reasons. Once accepted, you will be charged 50 GBPs as re-enrollment fees.
6. If you do not have the essential proficiency of English to accomplish the course, we reserve the right to fail you without expectation of a refund. As a guide we recommend that non-native speakers have a minimum IELTS 5.0 score. If you are unsure, we could arrange access to our placement test free of charge.
7. Copying word for word from any source including your course book is considered plagiarism. Nonetheless, we recognize that researching and sharing ideas play a vital role in the academic endeavor. With this in mind, we request our students to present genuine work. Their answers must be tailored to their particular teaching environment & their activities must be modified to reflect their students’ needs.
To avoid plagiarism, you must use your own words, paraphrase ideas & alter activities. If any student is found responsible for any violation of this rule, he/she will receive a written warning. If violation is repeated, student will be subject to course failure. No refund will be made.
8. Online courses: You can contact your trainer at any time by email. For general questions your trainer will reply within 48 hours (Monday to Friday). For feedback on assignments your trainer will respond within 5 days (Monday to Friday).
9. Every endeavour is made to ensure that certificates reach the graduates within 15 working days upon exam results. The School of Teacher Training at Notting Hill College, however, cannot be responsible for certificates that are not received due to postal issues (wrong recipient and/or postal address). If you have not received your certificate within 15 working days of passing your course, please contact us for assistance. Certificate issuance is free of charge for the first attempt. If the package bounced back, graduate will pay £40 for resending.
10. All graduates can request a new certificate to replace a lost certificate for the administrative fee of £50 within the United Kingdom and £75 worldwide. This fee includes standard postage and packaging. If the graduate requires alternative postal arrangements, this will solely be at the cost of the graduates.
11. The School of Teacher Training at Notting Hill College does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services, weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods, sickness or force majeure. Such losses or additional expenses are your responsibility. Force majeure represents unusual and unforeseeable circumstances such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
12. The School of Teacher Training at Notting Hill College does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the student or any other person included on the application form. Any claims shall be subject to Scottish law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the sole domain of the Scottish courts.
13. Under no circumstances does The School of Teacher Training at Notting Hill College accept responsibility or liability for loss of personal possessions while attending the course.
14. The School of Teacher Training at Notting Hill College does not accept responsibility or liability for any other event which may affect you or your course.
Data Protection Act 1988
15. In order to register and receive or use the services on our website, you will be required to submit some personal information, such as your name, your postcode and email address. We have a legal duty to ensure that we keep your personal data safe and secure, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not share your personal information with anybody else without your knowledge, unless we are required by law to doso.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
16. By signing the application form, verbally agreeing on the telephone or ticking the relevant box on the website you are agreeing to accept all these conditions. The person, who signs the application form, does so on behalf of all the registered individuals included. Hence, all are bound by the booking conditions.